Friday, December 4, 2015

Sugar Free Dessert challenge - Sweet Sevai

I prefer to regard a dessert as I would imagine the perfect woman: subtle, a little bittersweet, not blowsy and extrovert. Delicately made up, not highly rouged. Holding back, not exposing everything and, of course, with a flavor that lasts. What a wonder that a dessert is no one can really say, until one has put on that shoe and has discovered what is in that pinches, where the pinch is sweeter and gives the ultimate pleasures.
Well, going by the Sugar Free Dessert Challenge that is on these days, I am up for it and it is a great delight to meet my sugar cravings through this wonderful way with the sugar-free nature which makes me to successfully accomplish those cravings in a healthy and hopeful manner.
One of the most favourite dessert of all time for me has been "SWEET SEVAI". I love it at all the times and one of the most easy and my favourite on the list for which I enter into the kitchen and end up trying my hand at this wonderful dessert.
The ingredients for the sweet sevai are as follows:
  • Milk - 3 cups
  • Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
  • cardamom powder - 1-2 pinch
  • Sugar-Free Natura - to taste
  • Raisins and almonds- few
  • Sevai - a cup

After all the ingredients are accumulated and collected at the kitchen slap, it is simple to proceed by boiling the milk in pan till the 3 cup milk reduces down to 2 cups. Now add dry sevai to the milk and give another another boil to the mixture. Add coconut milk to the milk and also add the SUGAR-FREE NATURA to the mixture. Add the pinch of cardamom powder to the mixture after removing from the flame. Garnish with the almonds and raisins, and serve hot.

Then, there is nothing like the freshly made sweet sevai and it brings ultimate joys and happiness into my life. Also, my mother and brother fondly enjoy this dish prepared by me. Though very simple but very refreshing dessert this sweet sevai is. The smell of cardamom is amazing and pleasant. A favourite one of mine, the sweet sevai!

8 comments: